Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Budget Increase

5 replies [Last post]
Don Gilchrist
User offline. Last seen 15 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Any thoughts?

I have a contractor that has informed your company of a rate increase as of July 08. What would you recommend as the best way forward to increase schedule budgeted values? This project will run through to end 2009. The activites that are part completed would I use remaining values? The increase would need to show in both the baseline and reporting schedule.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
On the menu bar got to, Enterprise, Resources.

There is a tab at the bottom of the screen called Units & Prices.

On this you can add a new rate (price/unit) and give an effective date for each resource.
Don Gilchrist
Oliver,

I am using Primavera P6. This schedule was built by the contractor and they used both labour cost and material cost to generate the budget. That particular planner has moved on so my project manager is asking me the best way forward?
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Don,

It depends what software you are using? (If you are talking about changing the rate in the plan)
Don Gilchrist
Qui Wei,

In this case the scope has not changed it is just rate increase.
Qiu Wei
User offline. Last seen 13 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
To Don Gilchrist:

I think should got 2 ways to consider this kind of situation, and the increasement of budget is due to work scope (task) change or the material fees , you need to consider that first.