Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

how can i compare the budget & actual quantity..

5 replies [Last post]
jeoffrey reyes
User offline. Last seen 4 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
hello everybody...

can somebody please help regarding this...our previous planner turned over to me his actual and baseline schedule and seems to have problems on quantity, percent completion, etc...

now, our client give me some comments and i cannot figure out how to correct those errors. one of these problem is like this...

budget Target is 1
actual current is 0
percent completion is 100
difference is 1

how come that it is already 100 pct but actual current is 0.

one more is,
target OD is 12
current OD is 12
currrent RD is 0
percent compltd is 96

i would be grateful if somebody can reply asap. thanks in advance.

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Jeff
Most probably yes.
To find more of those mismatches it may help to use the variances (Target vs. actual plan).
Regards
Dieter
jeoffrey reyes
Dieter,

i got you. thanks. i cited some steps below...are these steps will also help?

regards,
Jeff
Dieter Wambach
Jeff
After an activity was finished, you still can correct errors, but be aware of your statistics. The actual units will be under the current month. Apart from this it should be ok.
If you’ll have many activities to check, it may help to create a one-character custom data item "checked". Then later you’ll be able to group into checked and not checked.
Regards
Dieter
jeoffrey reyes
thanks Dieter for your prompt response.

your right, the schedule is in P3 form. can i use global change command for checking? then i will uncheck also automatic calculation from autocost rules. then i will change the zero duation to 1 then change the unit quantity? are these steps will help to correct those errors?

regards,
Dieter Wambach
Jeff
The data items for percent complete and the rules for calculation are a little different between the different software. It seems that you use P3.
1. Percent complete = 100, i.e. activity finished without any unit required - may be forgotten to enter. If you didn’t use "Update Progress" you have to enter actual units manually.
Percent complete by default is by duration, but you may enter a different value and skip the calculation. The reason, why not 100% may be, a missing approval, e.t.c.
Regards
Dieter