Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MS Project 2003 or SureTrak Project Manager 3.0a

4 replies [Last post]
Donovan Scholtz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello, My Name is Donovan Im currently studying Construction Management at uni, and i have been asked you find out information about MS Project and SureTrak Project Manager; mainly there differences, and why should one be used over another. I am not sure if this comparison has been posted as the search tool is down at the moment that is why i am posting a new reply. Any help would be great. Regards Donovan

Replies

Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Here in Brazil we are not using Suretrack any more. MSP is the most popular planning and control software because it is easier to find professionals with expetise in this software, price, many good curses, books and consulting.

The usage of Primavera 5.0 is increasing quikly.

Regards.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Donovan,

Logically no difference at all. It’s only the environment and some enhancement tool on the software.

Other issues are:
MSP98 can save or export to MPX, MSP2003 is not.
MSP98 calculate relationship base on predecessor, MSP2003 use successor
Donovan Scholtz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thank you. For the link.

Question, is there a big difference between MS project 2003 and 98, and Suretrak Project Manager 2, and version 3.0a?
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hi Donovan,

Try this link and it has a good comparison of SureTrak vs MSProject.
http://www.dgssystems.net/StwinMspComparison.html

HTH,

Rodel