Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

High rise building

18 replies [Last post]
kier legard
User offline. Last seen 14 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
In high rise building say 60 storey whats the correct timing to start finishing works. Is it when youre structural works is already in 5th floor?10th floor?

Regards,

Replies

Mohammad Nariman
User offline. Last seen 3 years 2 days ago. Offline

The norm; for 40+ storys, on removing of RC. Slab back propes you start working on first; svp & rvp then external envelops Glazing as a means of wp the bldg, or in pararell internal partition frames only, 

Mohamed Aboelela
User offline. Last seen 8 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

Dear all,

want any one to guide me for book describe in detail of logic sequence for construction activities

also the durations

mohamed ezat
User offline. Last seen 9 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

dear all 

could u send me a copy of high raise building  project on primavera 6  to take an idea about activities and its sequence 

that will help me  in my   work   

plz any one  have  it  send   it   to   me       my  email:        mohamedezat78@hotmail.com

thanks

eng:mohamed   ezat

sandesh snv
User offline. Last seen 12 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Floor Installation

The blog post is so good and providing a lot of information about healthcare and medical knowledge, everyone should go for this website.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 14 hours ago. Offline

Hi Raja

Welcome to Planning Planet.

A few rules on PP etiquette

1.  Do not wake up long dead threads - start a new topic.

2. Do mot use capitals in the body of your text - its the equivalent of shouting

3. Only press the save buttone once.

Best regards

Mike Testro

RAJA GHOSAL
User offline. Last seen 5 years 21 weeks ago. Offline

hI, GUYS CAN ANYONE PL PROVIDE ME WITH THE SAMPLE HIGH RISE SCHEDULE INCLUDING CIVIL+FINISHES+MEP+CLADDING MENTIONING THE CONSIDERATIONS THAT ARE BEING ADOPTED IN...ASAP.

REGARDS.

Santhosh kumar Na...
User offline. Last seen 6 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

Yeah it maily depends the hieght of building and your contract completion date (finish date) as mentioned above you can start block work, plaster etc (wet works) immediately after removal of form, provide 2-3 days lag for cleaning & preparation

Externak cladding, in your case, can start after 20 floors ( devide the entire floors in to 3 sections) once extranal cladd in palce and site is temaparly water proofed you can proceed with MEP Services 1st & second fix and other dry works.

Final fix and final paints at the end after the total tower become water tight.

In general if you consider 7 days cycle from typical floor (Say from GF) you can start cladding after 140 + 14 days. (14 days is curing period and protection around against fallling opbect form upperfloors. 

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 17 hours ago. Offline

Hi Kier,

There are several things you need to consider before you start interior finishes, the wet trades, block walls and plastering can start as soon as you removed your temporary support (Props), If you have drywall (gypsum boards), the Building has to be watertight, meaning your curtain wall is already in place on that floor and watertighness or temorary waterproofing measures have been implemented up to a certain level of the building (say in your case the first 15 floors). Joneries requires good weather conditions to start (enviromentally controlled if possible). Extreme weather conditions like the Middle East requires temporary air conditioining before they start any joineries.

The Curtain wall or the cladding of a building can start, if you have adequate safety measures in place, like a catch pan to protect  workers from falling objects. They normally require the structure completed up 15 to 20 storey before they start. 

THe building services, HVAC, FS, Water, Drainage, etc. Normallly will start from the risers (Main lines) first and then branches out or tee off to each level but it can also be done the other way around.

Note that all your building services should be in place and tested before you close the ceiling.

Best regards,

Daniel

wjm014
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline

Some projects use a temporary membrane to allow finishes to proceed due to the risk mentioned earlier about rain running through penetrations, stairways, etc. Remember that you also need to store your materials on a watertight floor/s.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 14 hours ago. Offline

Hi Keir

Are you by any chance related to Soren Kierkergaard - the Danish theologian and philosopher?

Best regards

Mike Testro

Cagdas Evren Bayrak
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

useful stuf.. Thanks..

ruben quintal
User offline. Last seen 16 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
kier,

the interior architectural works of a high rise building has two major division, the wet works(eg. chb & finishes, waterproofing, skimcoating) and the dry works(eg. gypsum wall & ceiling, carpets,fixtures).

The wet works can start as soon as the scaffolds & shorings at the ground level has been removed, this will depend on structural specifications and the curing period of the concrete used. however, the start of wet works is usually deffered depending on the available time and the manner of hand over required by the client.

The dry works usally start when the building is already "partially watertight", this milestone date comes when half of the building’s perimeter glass/glazing is already installed. this consideration vary depending on the height of the building.In your case, you may take the 30th floor glass/glazing installation as the predeccesor of partial watertightness.

hope this helps.

regards
Larry Bjorn
User offline. Last seen 11 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Kier,

Please give me some information about the type of building (Residential/Commercial?)and scope of work (Shell & Core/Fit out?). Do not forget to include some information about the cladding and its method of installation.

Internal Finishes will need protection from external weather conditions - particularly rain & wind. The cladding will only protect you partly until the whole of the Envelope is complete. Service holes, slab perimeter, and stair cores will be of main concern in regards to water ingress.

Regards,
Larry

kier legard
User offline. Last seen 14 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Larry,

Thanks a lot for the info. I really appreciate in sharing your experience .It helps me a lot.

Can you please enlighten me in the ff.

Wht is the correct timimg to start curtain wall,Hvac ducting,

What do you mean by temporary waterproofing.

Armando Moriles
User offline. Last seen 16 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Kier,

Maybe you could specify further, are you talking about the architectural works like start of CHB works or it is really what Larry is recommending which is finishing works?

Larry, thanks for the milestone and the logic as well...

Regards,

Arman
Larry Bjorn
User offline. Last seen 11 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Kier,

You need to look at it from a logical sequence of works. After the frame, you have the vertical cladding to consider. Start of Internal Finishes will depend on the cladding progression and temporary waterproofing measures. I would recommend that you insert a milestone ‘building sufficiently waterproofed to start Internal Finishes’.

Also consider the installation rate of cladding Vs Fit-Out - as Internal Finishes is not to surpass cladding.

Regards,
Larry
Christian Adrian ...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
I would consider the readiness of the area and the number of people, equipment, and materials available at site... you don’t want your project to get to crowded...
Armando Moriles
User offline. Last seen 16 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Kier,

I would suggest for you to have a check first at the construction dead and live loads being considered in the structual design. They might dictate the restrictions.

Regards,

Arman