Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

work opportunities UK and UAE

6 replies [Last post]
Nitin Naik
User offline. Last seen 8 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi

I am planner currently working in Sydney. I am looking for the work opportunities in planning/claims in either UK/UAE.

I would highly appreciate if anyone can share their knowledge about jobs available in these regions

regards
Nitin

Replies

Nitin Naik
Hi Gwen,

Thanks a lot for your tips. They are very useful.

Regards

Nitin
Nitin Naik
Hi Francis,

My move is due to personal reasons. The planners are in demand in Australia especially in Perth. High tax rates is the main reason of less savings in oz.

Your plan to move to oz is perfectly fine if you are thinking of better life style for family.

Lets share some knowledge between us so that we can help each other.

Regards
Nitin
Gwen Blair
User offline. Last seen 10 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
I am just off the Gorgon Project NW Shelf Barrow Island Chevron Perth. Oz has a shortage of Planners. Day rates lagging behind UK.
Most importane thing to remember.
1. Get sponsored.
2. Sponsor pays flight, xrays, Visa.
3. MOST IMPORTANT. Dont leave home without being ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU HAVE YOUR LIVING AWAY FROM HOME ALLOWANCE IN WRITING. This then reduces your tax liability so much its worth your while going out. This is only applicable for 2 years and in that time you can only rent (tax deductable so go for pool/beach BBQ area blahdeblah). If you or codependant buy then you lose this allowance. Smart money would be to rent for two years, buy land for house site and build once you lose your allowance.
Plenty work Perth Brisbane Sydney or fly in fly out rota for the mining sites in which case, girls - bring your skimpies!
Francis Moyalan, ...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Nitin,

I am a planner presently working in UAE ,

I was planning to shift my base to Australia from here,

Now you are saying you want it vice-versa,

Why,is the market in Australia not that lucrative for planners?

Kndly reply so that I can plan accordingly,

Thanks
Nitin Naik
Hi Andy,

I would certainly try through the website you have sent.

thanks for your help

Much appreciated

Nitin
Andy McLean-Reid
User offline. Last seen 18 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Nitin

Other than the jobs section here on PP - try www.railwaypeople.com for roles in the UK rail industry, which is currently booming.

Andy