Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

requirement specification

3 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
How can we classify a "requirement specification" as a good one? Is there any metrics for this also similarto the software metrics, with which we can analyse the quality of a requirement? Note: By "requirement specification" I mean the requirements we get from the client to suggest a technical proposal

Replies

Mohd Mahd
User offline. Last seen 16 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
to qualify a requirement, we should have as u said (specifications, basis, ... ) or we should have standards. as far as i know, there is no standards available. which u can use to qualify a requirement. wishing i am clearer this time, or pls let me know. my regards.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
What does the above post mean? Is it that, there is no way we can classify a requirement as a good one? Is it that there is no methodology similar to software metrics to quantitatively judge the quality of a requirement? Please clear me of these two things as i was not able to understand the matter from your last post
Mohd Mahd
User offline. Last seen 16 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
very good question! unfortunately, will remain with no answer, as long as, no standard reference, to refer to. it remains our bad luck. sorry for it. i strongly wish, i am wrong.