Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

<b>S-curve<b>

4 replies [Last post]
karimuddin shaik
User offline. Last seen 15 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Please give me details importance and limitation of S-curve. send me queries on same also.

Replies

Jerry Fernandez
User offline. Last seen 15 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Guys,

How to show S-curve in p6?

Regards.
Jerry
AJAY VYAS
User offline. Last seen 4 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
HI Dagogo,

could you please send me the detail at ajay_vyasjdh@hotmail.com?

ajay
dagogo dan - jumbo
User offline. Last seen 11 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Note that your objective during Project execution would be to monitor and control how your project is moving. The trend is visible with S-Curves. You will also agree with me that the what you can’t measure you also can not control. S-curve makes you able to measure what you planned against what you have earned and excess what it is costing you(1. Planned, 2.Earned 3. Actual).You can also forecast.
Measurement of realistic progress and control using S-curves is limited 1) Cost values 2)labour hours 3)Activity weighted values. Activity count is misleading from experience.
I hope this would help.

Cheer
Dagogo
Mohammed Azharuddin
User offline. Last seen 14 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Assign the resources, and use the activity usage profile. You can generate the required S curves.