Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

short term P6 license lease

No replies
James Barnes
User offline. Last seen 1 year 25 weeks ago. Offline

Hello all, I have a request for a short contract that would need P6 but the client wants me to provide the license. it's not something I normally have to do (as the clients normally have the sofware on an issued laptop) so I do not have a license in hand (and iirc they are about 3K Euro to buy then 1k Euro / year)

is there a service out there where I can rent access on a daily / weekly / monthly basis?

and thinking about it ... if not, would such a service interest you?

Cheers

James

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

If you end up needing to work between MSP and P6, I highly recommend looking into a tool called XER Transfer. As we know, there are many issues in exchanging between the two, but this tool will save you hours, and will pay for itself in the time saving alone.

James Barnes

I am EU based and Primaned are an appropriate choice for me, I will see what they have for single user, thanks

I agree about just footing for a license. I have always done long term contracts in the past, with client provided licenses, but am now getting enquiries for shorter term stuff and audit checks from smaller clients that are not in such a position so I will need my own access. Right now though it's not really enough to justify the cost, although I can forsee that it will be.

I also like the ability to counter the "we have MSP" with "yeah, no, it's OK I can provide the software"

James Barnes

duplicate deleted

James Barnes

duplicate deleted

James Barnes

duplicate deleted

James Barnes

oh for heaven's sake (sorry)

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

James, not sure where you're based, but there are some providers out there that offer solutions that might suit you, here's one that covers some parts of Europe: Managed Hosting - Primaned

As a consultant in this space, I fork out for my own P6 License, it just saves the hassle.