Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

In P6, how to show a milestone's date to reflect the earliest start date of the group predecessors' activities rather than total

No replies
Kannan Balaram
User offline. Last seen 1 year 22 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

In P6, how to show a milestone's date to reflect the earliest start date of the group predecessors' activities rather than total float driving from the group predecessors' activities.

In the above snapshot, for my reporting purpose, I expect the start date for Activity ID300 from the group of predecessors should reflect the earliest start date of 01-08-2023 instead of total float driven predecessor's activity's start date of 29-08-2023

BR, Kannan

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 20 weeks ago. Offline

You need to make the Milestone Task a LOE and hook up to all the predecessor tasks with both a FS and a FF, then format the LOE Tasks to show only a Milestone.

If you want to show other LOE tasks as a LOE then you will need to create a Activity Code for normal and milestone LOE tasks and a bar style for both and apply the filter to the two LOE bar styles in the Bars form.

Regards

Paul E Harris

www.eh.com.au

Rodney Jones
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello Kannan Balaram,

I think your screenshot is missing. So you want to see the Milestone Start Date without all the Total Float?

What about creating an Activity UDF called 'WTF' (Without Total Float), UDF Type will be Date, then you can run a global change calculation of:

WTF = Start Date minus Total Float.

I haven't tested the concept but it is a start and other minds better informed can help.

Rod