Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Late dates showing for some completed activities but not others?

2 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Late dates showing for some completed activities but not others? Why would this be?  My assumption would be there is someting un-completed in the chain but that is not checking out.  Not the biggest problem, but makes me think something is wrong.

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 54 min ago. Offline

John – “My assumption would be there is something un-completed in the chain but that is not checking out.”

• Agree – maybe a driving link with some remaining lag.

Zoltan – “If an activity is complete there is no float. The only way that there would be a late date is if there is not an ACTUAL start or ACTUAL finish.”

• Agree, in any case it is on active links/relationships that there might be some “float” or “slack”. 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/relationship-float-viewing-primavera-p6-santosh-bhat

Most software does not show early/late dates for completed activities.  I cannot see a reason to show meaningless values.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

if an activity is completed there is no longer a need for a late or early date. The difference between the early and late dates is the float. If an activity is complete there is no float. The only way that there would be a late date is if there is not an ACTUAL start  or ACTUAL finish.