Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Publish Projects and Delete Published Data

4 replies [Last post]
Jon Davis
User offline. Last seen 5 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All,

Hopefully theres a P6 adminstrator out there can spot what I am doing wrong

As part of me rolling P6 out across the business I am creating web access logins for users to simply be able to view data but modify nothing.  I have succesfully acheived this but there are two functions they can still perform which I cant seem to disable in either the global or project security profiles.  These two functions are

1 - Publish Projects

2 - Delete Published Data

To be honest I am not too fussed if they can publish a project as no harm done, what I dont want is for them to be able to delete the published data 

Current software and settings are as below

P6 EPPM R17.2

Global Security Profile - Every Option Unchecked

Project Security Profile - Every Option Unchecked

OBS - I have them assigned to the correct EPS node with the above Project Security Profile

Replies

Jon Davis

Yes that is correct Zoltan.  I have been working on something else for the last few weeks but back developing our web again now and I still dont have a solution......very annoying

Jon Davis

Yes that is correct Zoltan.  I have been working on something else for the last few weeks but back developing our web again now and I still dont have a solution......very annoying

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

I am assuming that the user log into P6 in with their regualr windows credentials being their user name and password

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

I am assuming that the user log into P6 in with their regualr windows credentials being their user name and password