Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project Name Variable

3 replies [Last post]
Andy M
User offline. Last seen 4 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am trying to creatie a layout to print 2 interlinked projects at the same time. I added the variable [project_name] to the header section of the lay out in Page Setup. When I go to Print Preview, the name of project B shows up in the header instead of the name of project A. I have made project A the Default Project, project A is before project B in the WBS, both projects are open when I click print preview, the project ID of project A is numerically smaller than the project ID of project B, and project A has an actual and planned start before project B.  My only thought is that Project B was created before Project A. If this is the reason project B is appearing in the header instead of project A, I cannot think of a way to fix this.

What do I need to do to make the project name of project A appear in the header instead of project B? I am trying to not manually type the project name into the header because I have multiple 2 project schedules I want to use this layout with.

Thank you.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 29 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

not the name the project ID 

Andy M
User offline. Last seen 4 years 1 week ago. Offline

Zoltan,

Thank you for the quick response. I changed the name of Project A so it starts with an earlier letter in the alphabet than the project name for Project B. I am still having the same problem where Project B title is showing up in the header instead of Project A.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas for me to try.

Thank you for your help.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 29 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

everything is Aplha numeric. So change the name of project and make the name of the project start with an earlier letter in the alphabit than the project name for project B.