Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Changing default relationship type

6 replies [Last post]
Usama Baig
User offline. Last seen 7 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Does P6 allow us to change the default activity type from FS to SS, FF, FS when linking multiple activities?

Thanks

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

no why do people always want to do things backwards  ?

vinay kumar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

When we want to link several activities of similar type to define a sequence we need to manually link one by one. like FS if we have an option to choose whatever a relation type to be considered as default by the program, we can complete the task simply. In my housing project we have 80 roads with 9 different utilities where we have to give such relations on a go. 

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 week 6 days ago. Offline

Why not defining link type when performing multiple links as a single step?

You can create a filter to display only selected activities when linking activities on a job with many activities to make it easier.

Maybe you did not looked for the option for performing multiple links as a single step within your software, it is not an uncommon task.

Good luck.

adab azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

I also tried to find this technique. But i came to the conclusion that their is no such way to get SS as default relationship.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

bigger question is why ?

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 50 weeks ago. Offline

no