Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Permanent Sizing Pop-up Windows I.e. Layout, Filters, Group & Sort etc.

11 replies [Last post]
Bruce King
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

How can I have P6 retain the size of my Layout, Filter or Group & Sort windows?  The default sizes are just too small and I have to click and drag to resize every time I open them.  Ther must be a better way that you can size them and have that size retained permanently.  Please help...

Thanks,

BK

Replies

Bruce King

Thanks Hazel...we can commiserate together!  Truly painful!  I tried everything except the last post from Zoltan and nothing has worked yet.  I will repost after I try his last suggestion from Feb. 22nd. to report success hopefully...

Hazel Stilgoe-McC...
User offline. Last seen 30 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

I too have this issue on the version that I am currently working on I have never experienced it before. Previous comments seem to miss the point that it is the POP UP box for Group and sort, Bars, Layouts, not  the layouts themselves. As for expanding the box and clicking save layout, you cannot physically do this to the pop up box as you have to click ok on the pop up box causing it to disappear before you can access the save layout function.

So the issue is when working in P6 if you access a the group and sort function and the pop up box appears the box is so small that you cant see the table where the option for grouping ( in this case group by WBS ) is as the box is to small to display all the information. Everytime I have to open one of the pop up boxes the issue is the same, I have to click and drag on the corner of the box to make it bigger. However when I reopen the box it is small again. 

Any clues any help thanks H

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

go to the control panel then hardware and sounds then display then set custom text size (DPI) on the bottom make sure that use XP DPI scaling is selected and that the scaling is set to 100% 

Zoltan Palffy

go to the control panel then hardware and sounds then display then set custom text size (DPI) on the bottom make sure that use XP DPI scaling is selected and that the scaling is set to 100% 

Bruce King

Windows 7

Zoltan Palffy

you are not running windows XP are you if so then its a screen resoultion size issue

Bruce King

Thanks Raymond.  Have received four (4) responses but none seem to work.  All are variation on how to open, apply and save the layout...whether rt. cl., menu or layout button, none seem to work.

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 hours ago. Offline

I think the issue is not the Layout. It is the Pop Up Window Size.

Jerome Odeh
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Bruce,

To solve your problem, instead of re-sizing, re-open the layout using View> Layout > Open and it will display the layout just like you saved it.

=jerome
http://plannerstips.blogspot.co.uk/

Ronald Weaver
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

I have noticed that there is a difference in the things that are stored when saving a layout by right clicking verses using the pull down menu. Try the pull down "View","Layout","Save"

Tom Reichner
User offline. Last seen 5 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

Bruce,

Save as a layout after you have included the filters, font sizes and any other factors you wish. If you don't save as a layout everything will revert to default the next time you open P6.

Tom Reichner