Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resetting the Baseline in a Project with Progress Applied?

5 replies [Last post]
KT G23
User offline. Last seen 9 years 1 week ago. Offline

Hi I was just wondering if anyone cold provide any guidnace on resetting the baseline in P6 when your project already has progress in it? For example, I have a project that has progress applied for 6 months and now have a Compensation Event (Delay Claim) which needs to be added to baseline. Does anyone have a step by step process that I should go through to reset the baseline please? I know that if I apply the Current Baseline it will pick up the new activities for the Compensation Event in the future but what should I be doing with the Completed activities? When resetting the baseline should Actual Start & Finish Dates for Completed activities be the new Planned Start & Finish dates of new baseline?! Any advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks

Replies

KT G23

Excellent thank you :-)

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

use the actual start & finish dates of progress that has occurred prior to the data date

this is your NEW line in the sand this is your new measuring stick 

KT G23

Brilliant many thanks for that Zoltan!

My schedule isn't actually resource or costs loaded but that information is very useful for the future.

I do actually have an original baseline so that's not an issue. I guess my real question is when resetting the baseline (due to agreed change in scope) on a project that already has progress in it, should the new baseline show;

1. the original baseline dates prior to the data date

OR

2. the actual start & finish dates of progress that has occurred prior to the data date

Thanks

KT G23

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

if you do not have a baseline you will have to copy the current schedule and then destatus the schedule to get an unprogressed schedule ot use as your baseline.

if you want a step by step process see my post at the link below.

http://pmsite.com/forums/viewthread/3064/