Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Web Based vs Stand alone p6

1 reply [Last post]
Christopher Churc...
User offline. Last seen 10 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Question:  Is the web based version of P6 Drastically different than the stand alone?   Details: I have started my new position and have learned the new firm i work for has no administrator for Primavera.  At this point the software is installed on a server and i am able to access it over the web via a link.  I was able to set myself up a user account and gave myself admin/superuser rights.      I was expecting to see the same interface that we used in the training Primavera 106 course.   Am i missing something all together?   Thanks,

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline

The functionality is basically the same but the interface is completely different.

There is more reporting functionality in the web but one would not want to use the web to schedule a large project.

Oracle is putting all the development into the web and plan to drop the Windows Client in the future.

There is an article on my web site under technical articles titled "Comparison of Oracle P6 Release 8 EPPM and PMM" this will give you some insite into the differences.

Regards

Paul E Harris
BSc Hons, Certified Cost Engineer, PRINCE2 PractitionerManaging Director and President
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Australia
www.eh.com.auwww.eastwoodharris.com, www.primaskills.com.au  and www.primavera.com.au
Project Control Consultants and Planning and scheduling software book and training material publishers