Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Installing Sample projects - Stand alone P6????

10 replies [Last post]
M.B B.
User offline. Last seen 13 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
I am having difficulties installing "sample projects" that come with the software in a Stand alone Installation of P6.
I installed P6 and I chose to install sample projects by ticking the box during the installation process; but when I finished the installation and I ran the software there were no project on the data base.

Could you please help in getting all sample projects installed or restored.

I appreciate your help.
(please make contact through the private message route)

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

are you sure there is not a filter on that is preventing showing the projects.

hellen jos
User offline. Last seen 7 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

It is good to install the sample projects on the website. Students refer websites to get the code of projects. if we share those codes and details in the website it becomes very helpful for them and they can refer this code for their further studies. commercial makeup artist

Micheal Jeson
User offline. Last seen 9 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people. Looking forward to read more of your post and updates in the future. buy vine followers cheap"]" style="font-size:13px;font-family:arial,sans,sans-serif;">buy vine followers cheap
adeline tunim-eke
User offline. Last seen 7 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

Hello i have the same problem can anyone help please

adeline tunim-eke
User offline. Last seen 7 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

Hello i have the same problem can anyone help please

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hi M B M

If it is networking you need go and set up with Linkedin.

Best regards

Mike Testro
M.B B.
Hi Mike,

Due to the interconnection between different IT programs, it is "trial and error" methods that sometime I am left with as I am not an IT expert. P6 is an integrated software that uses Oracle or SQL data base systems and planners are faced sometimes with the need to understand how they are interlinked in order to resolve a specific issue. IT programs also are not error free, therefore networking is very useful.

Thanks
M.B B.
Thank you Rodel,

Actually I had also to recover my "Windows Vista Business" and I re-installed all the programs I needed. I also installed P6 Standalone and this time it did work perfectly. The reason it did not work the first time is I had SQL Server (Primavera) installed. Even though I tried to uninstall and reinstall P6 but I could not have the sample project installed probably because, as you said, the data base couldn’t be overwritten.

Anyway... thank you very much; I have my sample projects
installed.

Thanks again.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 6 hours ago. Offline
M.B.B.
If you install Standalone Primavera but there is a previous installation and SQL Database are already existing it will not overwrite the database even sample project was selected.
The only way is un-installed the existing SQL Database and re-installed again.
WARNING: If the existing database is un-installed all files stored will be gone.
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hi M B B

It is not good practice to post your email address in the open forum - there are spammers about.

Congratulations in actually installing your P6 software - I have never done it yet.

Best regards

Mike Testro.