Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Convert MPX file to MPP file

6 replies [Last post]
Rohini C
User offline. Last seen 4 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello Team

Can you convert my MPX file to MPP

Please let me know how can I send the MPX file attachment

Replies

Sterling Gallagher
User offline. Last seen 1 year 19 weeks ago. Offline

Hi John

I replied to your email this morning.  XerTransfer is an Add-in to Microsoft Project.  If you open MSP you will have access to convert your files.

Kind Regards

Sterling Gallagher

John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Can we use the .xml export to go from P6 to MS project?  It just "hangs" with no results. Error code cNFFC-3672-0, An application event has been intercepted.  Please note....

Which year version should we use?  MSP or TRW mapping?  any tips if we make it that far?  Does not work, no iedea why and that is just the export, I am sure the import would have issues also.

John Reeves

Can we use the .xml export to go from P6 to MS project?  It just "hangs" with no results. Error code cNFFC-3672-0, An application event has been intercepted.  Please note....

Which year version should we use?  MSP or TRW mapping?  any tips if we make it that far?  Does not work, no iedea why and that is just the export, I am sure the import would have issues also.

John Reeves

I installed xertranser and cannot find where it is installed.  Also, it sure is great when these programs stop allowing inport formats, P6 exports to .mpx, MS Project no longer accepts .mpx - wonderful.  So much hassle to even get to the usual hassles.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

No need to do this any mre with the XERfiletransfer utility Add-in

https://xertransfer.com/

imports and xer into MSP and Saves a MPP file to and XER file 

Sterling Gallagher
User offline. Last seen 1 year 19 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Rohini

What is the reason you are wanting to change an MPX file to an MPP file?

Ive only ever wanted to do that if I am trying to import a primavera file into Microsoft Project.

If thats the case there is an easier way to do it now using XerTransfer.  You can import and XER file directly into microsoft Project and export and XER file directly from microsoft project.  Check out the link below you can get a trial version that has full functionality.

XerTransfer – a product of XerSolutions

Sterling