Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Quick Ways to Monitor Schedule Progress in Microsoft Project

3 replies [Last post]
Colin Peters
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Schedule updates are essential to maintaining project visibility. Here are some quick ways to monitor progress in Microsoft Project http://ow.ly/W4K26

Replies

Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline

First, why add those extra columns into the entry table, which is already designed to be just fine as it is, when you have table called the tracking table which has the fields you want already in it?

Display the status date on the chart as a vertical red line (gridlines).

It is incorrect to type in either the % complete or the % work complete. Stop doing that. Both fields are for MSP to calculate. Input actual start, actual duration, actual finish if task is finished. If task is not finished, move incomplete parts to status date.

Any help?

Jerome Odeh
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Ahmed,

Your question is a little bit unclear.

Is it Actual Duration that changes to fraction?

If it is actual duration, check your Status Date time and your default calendar start time. E.g. if your Status Date is 11-Jan-16 00:00 and your default calendar start time is 08:00, you will get actual durations in fractions.

=jerome

Ahmed Ewis
User offline. Last seen 8 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Hi guys

I am using MS project 2010 and I wanted to update the project so I added a base line to save the initial planning and then I started to add two columns of Actual start and actual finish dates

i added also status date to the work so I can rescedule the work and then I started to add the precentage of completed works for each task

Then after I pressed the button reschedule the tasks the completed tasks remained before the status date and the uncompleted task moved after the status date

now so far so good but the duration changed to fraction I tried to go to option and to schedule tab and changed the task to fixed duration and uncheck the new tasks are effort driven

but still the same

any help??!!