Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

programme to contract start date

2 replies [Last post]
jamie walker
User offline. Last seen 26 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello All

I've been asked to create a template that can be used by inserting a "go live" date and all mobilisation tasks would sit behind this date, this is a two fold request a,

a: user friendly template

b: show risk to tasks that would prevent  "go live" on the contract date

any help would be appreciated

regards

Jamie

Replies

jamie walker
User offline. Last seen 26 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hello Evgeny

Many thanks for your quick responce i'll try your suggestion and let you know how it goes

Regards

Jamie

Evgeny Z.
User offline. Last seen 1 year 12 weeks ago. Offline

Jamie,

I would do it 2 ways

1)      When you make a template, make sure that that the start is driven by a single milestone, which is called “Project Start”. Later you can move this milestone, by changing it’s Start Not Earlier Then date, this in turn will move the rest of the schedule.  Also it will be easy to copy and paste this template in any other schedule, provided you change the date of the “Project Start” milestone.

2)      Just change in MSP the Project Start Date (Project => Project Information), this in turn will reschedule the schedule

For both approaches, make sure that you don’t use constraints on any of the tasks (e.g. must start on etc), except on the Project Start milestone

I personally prefer the 1st way, because it allows to connect template to already existing schedule by linking Project Start milestone

Regards.

Evgeny