Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

project schedule presentation with start date as zero.

2 replies [Last post]
Vijayasarathi Ravi
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Hi! all,

My Client wants the project schedule to be displayed with the start date value as zero.

Is there any way to do this other than by exporting the data to Excel and then formatting the date range?

Replies

Vijayasarathi Ravi
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Bo,

thank you for your valuable suggestion. i have tried changing the timescale and done it successfully.

I will inform you as and when I implement the function.

thanks again,

Vijay

Bo Johnsen
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

Yes, you can do it both for the timescale and the start/finish dates.

Timescale: choose "days" for units and then "1,2,3,4..(From Start)" under label

Start/Finish dates: here you need to add 2 custom durations field (or number fields), one for start and one for finish. Now add a formula for each field e.g. by using the built-in function "ProjDateDiff". The formula for the start date would be:

ProjDateDiff([Project Start];[Start])

assuming you have a 7 days /week calendar assigned as project calendar and similar for the finish:

ProjDateDiff([Project Start];[Finish])

Otherwise you just modify the above formula with respect to which calendar you want assigned (see MSP help).

You could also just do it by [Start]-[Project Start] but then you have to multiply with working minutes per day (e.g. 480 if 8 hours working day) and so on.

Regards,

Bo