Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MS Project 2007-Percentage of task in overall project.

4 replies [Last post]
Emerson Soriano
User offline. Last seen 6 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I don't know if this has been posted before but I can't see anything about it.

Without any assignments or progress, how do you get MS Project to show what percentage of each task is on overall project?

For example; one task is 10% of the project, next task being 60% & the last task is 30% - not as in completion.

If this makes any sense, can someone please help?

Many Thanks

Emerson

Replies

Emerson Soriano

Hi Trevor,

Sorry for my confusion, I've had to use excel in the end.

Thanks for your help.

Emerson Soriano

Hi Trevor,

Sorry for my confusion, I've had to use excel in the end.

Thanks for your help.

Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 47 weeks ago. Offline

Whoa there. I am afraid your question just does not make sense. What do you mean by a task being some % of the project, and each task being some various different % of the project? A % has to be a % of something. There has to be a fraction with a numerator and a denominator. Something about a task can be some % of something about the project but what might that be? The project might involve 100 m3 of concrete altogether and one task might involve 10 m3 of concrete, so it is 10% of the total concrete. Your software only knows about duration, work and cost, and any task wil have a certain amount of duration, work and cost, which will be a fraction of the total project duration, work or cost. Hope this helps.