Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Rolled Up bas appearing on the higher level Summary Bar

4 replies [Last post]
Andrew Owenson
User offline. Last seen 1 year 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Guys

I have created a procurement string for each package. rolled up the bars so that each package can be seen on one line - I have used flags to determing the shape & colour of each individual activity within each package. ie tender information = flag1, tender period = flag2 and so on. This works fine, however, on the overall programme I have a procurement summary bar which summarises all the procurement activities. All of the procurement activitites have rolled up to this bar - looks awful. in the format bars section I have set the bar as Rolled up, Flag1 - if I take the rolled up off, it does not appear on the package bar. Any ideas how to get rid of the top summary bar showing the rolled up individual procurement activities (20x15= 300 bars!!)

In desperation Andrew

Replies

Andrew Owenson
Rodel

I have found a way round this - Format - Layout and untick the always roll up gantt bars.

Andrew
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 2 hours ago. Offline
Andrew,
I’m not sure which summary bar it is so I’m guessing. It maybe the group summary bars. Try to play on all summary bar and you may find which one.
Andrew Owenson
Rodel

Thanks for the quick response - tried it, but - deleted the summary bar in format bar styles the 300 odd individual bars are still there - I understand what you say regarding double clicking on each bar and clearing the format, but I really dont want to do it 300 time (double that as the procurement is indented withing the overall project bar as well so that I can use WBS )

Cheers

Andrew
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 2 hours ago. Offline
Andrew,
Right click Gantt chart-> Bar Style then cut row or delete summary bar. You can also modify each bar by double click which bar to modify and clear all format for the bar that you don’t want to show.