Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Having Tasks values as a number, rather than time.

No replies
Paul McGettigan
User offline. Last seen 15 years 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Guys,

I am having a bit of bother and would love some help!!

I currently run the planning for my department, and i am trying to kill 2 birds with one stone on a specific plan.

Basically, one of the teams on my department, record their times in PWA, which updates the project plan.

Then they record their times seperately on an excel ss, along with their ’workloads’. This could be numbers in terms of how many documents have been checked. This spreadsheet then calculates their checks/time ratio.

As you can see this is duplicating their work, and i would LOVE it if this was possible in project/pwa.

I know that i can add a resource and assign a material value, but what would be best is if i could assign a new task, and instead of recording time in the work column, assign a value, e.g 250, 1500 or 5000. This would be a real help so i appreciate any replies/suggestions!

Thanks

Paul