Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Visual Reports

5 replies [Last post]
ersin namli
User offline. Last seen 12 years 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,
is there any way of taking Earned Value visual Reports in a specific date range for Project 2007.
In version 2003 We can easily take visual reports with (Analysed Timescaled Data in excel) option.
Thanks for your answers

Replies

ersin namli
Thanks for your answers, thats what I was looking for
Darren Kosa
User offline. Last seen 7 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Ersin,

As I mentioned in my previous post I don’t use 2k7. If I didn’t have the "analysed timescaled data to excel" function in 2k3, I would make a copy of the Task Usage view, name it something meaningful and then edit the detail styles so that it only shows BCWS, BCWP & ACWP. Once I’ve adjusted the timescale at the top to show months, it would be a simple matter of highlighting the relevant EV data and copy and paste into Excel.

Could you do something similar in 2k7?

Regards,

Darren
ersin namli
Thanks for your deal let me explain with an example assume a project which has 5 month duration and the status date is at the end of 4th month and i just want to take cumulative data for 3rd and 4th month I can do this with version 2003 transferring the data and take excel graphs by using "analysed timescaled data to excel" function.
We can also use save as function and save the project as excel pivot table but I’m curious if there is an easier way
Darren Kosa
User offline. Last seen 7 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ersin,

Not quite sure why you would want to show EV reports for a specific date range. In isolation EV analysis is next to useless, you always need cumulative data to forecast trends in performance which is the perceived benefit of EV.

That said, the easiest method I find for problems such as yours, is using archived MS Project schedules from the particular period I’m interested in and running any reports using this historical data (I don’t use 2k7 so there may be a simpler way).

This may or may not be the solution you require, but I hope it helps.

Regards,

Darren