Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Open Additional file in New Window

2 replies [Last post]
Wan T C
User offline. Last seen 16 years 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Anybody can assist me ?. I already saved a copy of my Microsoft Proj file and when I wish to open under ’New Window’ to have 2 copies of same file on one screen so that it is easy for me to scroll & link tasks., but I got this reply : This file was not found. Check the spelling of the file name and try again. Is there a problem with the path?

Thank you,

Wan

Replies

Wan T C
User offline. Last seen 16 years 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Darren,

I only got problem with this file only. But previously I have also met this kind of problem.
I try to rename this file & give it a simple short name and it works. I think it could be due to the fact that I could be using a long name (about 85 characters, with brackets & commas in between) to identify the file.
I will also try out the methods you method if I meet this kind of problem again.

Thanks for you help

Wan
Darren Kosa
User offline. Last seen 7 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Wan,

Do you have this problem with all .mpp files or just this one?

Have you tried re-naming the problem file and trying again?

As an alternative, have you tried creating a copy of the original file and then use the Window > Arrange All function to compare the two files instead?

Regards,

Darren