Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Recovery program to Original Program

2 replies [Last post]
X Planner
User offline. Last seen 8 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Guys,

I developed a construction program for group of hotels to be constructed at the same time and that program has been progressed, since the contractore slipped and went ways behind the schedule and due to some activities went out of sequence , then schedule started to give non-realistic percentages.
therefore we forced the subcontractors to develope a program for the remaining works starting from the current situation with some changes in the sequence.

my question now is...how am i supposed to report the total actual percent of completion (old program & recovery program) against the planned percent

in other meaning what will be the relation between the old program and the recovery one???

at some point can i depend only on the recovery program results or i will always need to refer to the old program
??

thanks in advance

Replies

Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,
I view the situation wherein the old program was, is and will be considered as the approved contractual construction program. I took notice of the statement "we force the sub-contractors..." that I may construe as exerting undue influence". In this case the recovery program is not contractually binding to all hence the recovery program has no relation with the original program.
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there,

If I’ve understood you correctly, you program has gone into a major exception situation, from which a recovery plan was produced and the outstanding work rescheduled. With the organisation I work for, if that happens the work is carried out to the recovery plan as the original plan has no relevance now.

The work that has been completed is out of the equation and resources are concentrated on the work to be carried out under the recovery plan. Any percentages of completion are measured against the work in the recovery plan alone.

I suppose if you had to, you could do something like this:

1) Measure the percentage of completion under the original plan for the work carried out before the exception situation.
2) Determine which items of work have been carried out under the recovery plan and what items they equate to under the original plan.
3) Work out the percentage completion under the recovery plan.
4) Work out the additional percentage completion under the original plan and adjust the percentage calculated in step 1) accordingly.

Hope that this is some use.

Chris Oggham