Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Convert Suretrack to MS Project

3 replies [Last post]
Hendrik Janssens
User offline. Last seen 18 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
After saving a Suretrack file in MPX format, I want to open the file in MS project 2000. I receive the following message: quote..’check that all argument names and values are correct and are of the correct type..
Can someone help me?

Replies

Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
The Suretrack file saved in MPX format usually opens in MS project. You may save file once again in mpx and try to open in MS project.
James Kendrick
User offline. Last seen 14 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
To be honest I wouldnt bother. Suretrak doesnt speak to MS project very well and vice versa, there would be many anomalies from converting it, it would be quicker and more efficient to retype/reprogramme in which ever package you decide to use. I know Ive tried it. Especially if your project is effort driven by resources, something not many planners tend to do these days.