Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Thread Numbers

7 replies [Last post]
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Admin

Please can we go back to the old days and have sequential numbers for each thread?

Best regards

Mike T.

Replies

Dear Friends,

Hopefully this has been answered here...

http://www.planningplanet.com/forums/improving-planning-planet-website/519432/where-are-answers-located#comment-72495

Have a great day everyone.

Regards PP Team

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

First comment as of this comment is labeled #6

Photobucket

Nothing will be lost if numbering is inverted because as of now no posting keeps its number.

Rafael Davila

Mke,

I never received a reply from PP admin to our request, is unusual. Do you know why?

Maybe PP Admin never understood our request, is just to simple invert the numbering in FIFO sequence as for the first comment always be number one instead of ever changing to last sequential number.

Can be my English, but what about yours, maybe you can help. I am still struggling to be able to use the numbering in a practical way.

First comment as of this comment is labeled #5.

Photobucket

Rafael

Rafael Davila

To PP Admin.

The numbering system is useless.

Just take a look of what we have to do in order to make reference to previous posts, something that should be easy, just number the post in sequential order as they are posted, no 1 will be the no 1 post forever, no 2 will be the no 2 post forever .... making last post equal to no 1 and changing reference number after every new post is insane.

http://www.planningplanet.com/forums/planning-scheduling-programming-dis...

What is the number of your reply I just read #3? Guess after you reply or even before, after I enter this post it will be #4, just keep adding replies and it will change.

Regards,

Rafael

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Admin

As rafael explained - add a sdequential number to each thread as it arrives so we can easily follow the topic.

Best regards

Mike T.

Rafael Davila

I understand Mike is requesting the ID numbers to be fixed. Every time you add a new post ID, all IDs shift as to make new post no 1. Keeping the ID fixed makes it easier to make reference to a previous post.

Please don't change the post number, every time a new post is added just assign the next sequential number to it.

I agree with Mike if this is what he means.

Hi Mike,

If you see this example link you will notice that each reply has a number #1, #2 etc.

Is this what we need / what your requesting?

Best.

PP Team