Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

SCAMMing of PP Members

3 replies [Last post]
Raphael M. Dua
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Folks

Beware I have been getting quite a number of private messages from so called PP members, which are in fact copies of the old Nigerian Fax scam. Now it has got to India

Here below is a copy of one just received a minute or so ago.

I hope the PP adminstrators can stop this

Raf
----------------------------------------------------------
Hello Raphael M. Dua,

You have been sent a ’Private Message’ from Linda Kumar located in , who is member No. 32449 of the Planning Planet website.
l am introducing myself,I am Miss Linda Kumar,18 years old and single. I am the only daughter/child of my late parents Mr.and Mrs Kumar. It is sad that my father passed away mysteriously in Hongkong during one of his business trips on the 16th of december 2009, though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by my uncle who travelled with him at that time. My mother died when I was just 4 years old, and since then my father took me so special.
Before the sudden death of my father, he deposited the sum of FIFTEEN MILLION United State Dollars. (USD$15,000,000.00) left in a suspense account with a prime bank in our country with my name as the next of kin to the deposited money.
I wish to request for your assistance in receiving the money and investing it in your country. I want you to help me invest the money in your country and also to accept me as your partner.
I am undergraduate student and really don’t know what to do. This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of my parents death. The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded and i will compensate you with 30% of the USD$15,000,000.00 for your efforts in assisting and accepting me.

Please Consider me and get back to me for more informations. I wait for your immediate responses.

My sincere regards to your family, Please reply me directly in linda.kumar@live.com for the confidentiality of this transaction and more details. Please send me your mobile telephone number so that i can call you.

Yours Faithfully,
Linda

Replies

Scarllet Pimpernel
User offline. Last seen 13 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
The best way to counter this kind of scam is to offer the scammer more than what was offered to you.

For example, the scammer say "I have this certificate of 5 billion GBP from a disgrace Russian billionairte and to get the monney, blah blah, i will offer you 30 percent.

you can reply: That is nothing: my niece of my uncle’s uncle was left with 10 Billion GBP and to get the money blah blah blah, i will offer you 60%.

Using this technique, no scammers will ever bother you again.

A word of advice: do not give a hing that you own this software, construction company, travel a lot for business talk, etc. etc. because the scammer may think you really have lots of money to squeeze.

Jus be humble and no one will bother you.

Thank you,
Scarlett
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

We have addressed this.

Sorry for the issue.

Regards... PPAdmin
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 2 hours ago. Offline
Hi Raphael

I am sure that admin will get on this case very quickly.

PP is a free forum so it will be difficult to stop this kind of thing happening at any time.

Planners are sensible people so I doubt if anyone would actually respond to the scam.

Perhaps if 20,000 pp members sent a private message with the words SOD OFF in bold text the crooks may get the message.

Best regards

Mike Testro