Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

New modifications in Forum

12 replies [Last post]
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can admin PP intimate us what are the new modifications to be made in this forum in year 2006?

I hope in year 2006 we will see this forum more effective than past.

Replies

Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Charlie
For example lets "SAY" I am Japanese
I neither said I was Japanese or indicated in any way I
was Japanese. The operative word in the sentence is SAY ie I am making an analogy to indicate to you that if I were Japanese I might be upset. Similar to say I were a Philipino.
As to whether I know the Japanese once again your are reaching a conclusion before gathering the facts.
However Charlie "Wah Karamasta" (sic) maybe you should also do the same.
As to American English this is not a language Americans speak American or at least some do some speak Chililean, Mexican, Peurto rican etc.
English is English not a bastardised apology for a language given a title by Microsoft. And if that offends tough
As to reading before writing I agree with Chris

Clive
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Charlie,

Please don’t waste any more time being deliberately obtuse. You know very well what I’m saying, I’ve spelled it out for you, so I think probably the best idea is to let this rest now.

Chris Oggham
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Chris,

Im not a native english speaker and my education follows the American english.

What i understand in the study of logic (this started with the Greek anyway) is that the argument must be true to arrive at a logical conclusion.

I will live it to our colleague in PP to evaluate the conclusion that you drive in your previous post if that match with your argument. You have to understand that if your conclusion match your arguments then one of those arguments is false.

You look back in your previous post and find a way to make it clear what you want with regards to New Modifications in Forum. In this way, you will not be confuse and straightforward tell PP this is what you want.

This is the only way for you to get what you want.

Cheers,

Charlie
Edgar Ariete
User offline. Last seen 5 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
There you go again, Is there anything new in planning?
Chris Oggham
Charlie,

Once again you have demonstrated that you don’t read the post before replying. If you can go back to my posts and show where I said that people had no right to suggest a "wish list" then please do so. The only thing that I said was:

"On the whole, I think Shahzad’s approach is the best for the moment. Let PP Admin tell us what modifications are to be made for 2006, and once we know that, we can make some suggestions of our own which will compliment and augment them and allow us to get the best out of PP."

I really don’t think that is unreasonable or restrictive.

Isn’t it strange, Charlie, that on one hand you say "this is a free forum for every member to express their ideas", but when I express mine, suddenly Charlie you say "but Chris had no right to restrain you to say it to PP."

Now to me that sounds as if you want to take away my right to express my opinion. You can’t have it both ways, Charlie, we all have a right to express our opinions, not just you.

Chris Oggham
Charleston-Joseph...
Hi Chris,

You can also view my PM to you.

The fundamental here is that the major thread is about "IMPROVING PLANNING PLANET WEBSITE". The minor thread is above New Modifications in Forum (my idea with the objective on IMPROVING PLANNING PLANET WEBSITE").

I just dont appreciate comments that hinder each PP member to voice out what they want to improve PP. What we want maybe not realistic today, but, we can always hope that someday it will materialize.

In addition, this is a free forum for every member to express their ideas, what they want. This freedom is fundamental in PP. You take away this freedom and PP will be run by dictators or other type of totalitarian form of management.

Your wish list may be not practical at the moment, but Chris had no right to restrain you to say it to PP. Chris may have a valid reason but again that valid reason is no more valid because it hinder our individual freedom to express what new modification in forum we want. The fundamental and essential in PP is freedom.

Any suggestion to curtail this freedom with the disguise of so and so including blah, blah, blah should never be entertain.

This is a sign that PP is a mature organization with individual PP members knowing there freedom.

Cheers to all PP who love FREEDOM

Charlie
Chris Oggham
Charlie,

Suggest you read all of a post before replying, my Private Mail to you will explain why.

Chris Oggham
Charleston-Joseph...
Hello Chris,

You miss the point. We need to inform PP what we want for PP to evaluate if those information is achievable. Otherwise, PP will just continue the way they were doing things since PP dont know what PP members want or expects.

We do agree that PP is short of resources to give all that PP members wants. But at least PP got a wish list from PP that they can prioritize considering there limited resources.

Eventually, some great ideas will be available on what PP will do to accommodate what PP members wants.

Cheers,

Charlie
Charleston-Joseph...
Hi Clive,

There is a fallacy in your statement "for example I am a Japanese" Firstly your example is wrong because you are not a Japanese. You really dont know the Japanese

Hence, the following statement "would i consider your comments about Japanese project management derogatory?" is inconclusive for the reason that there is no specific comments available for me to based my opinion.

In general, it would be of great improvement to PP if we have some Japanese involved in PP forum.

Regards,

Charlie
Charleston-Joseph...
Hello Shazad,

I agree with your question.

ON the other hand, would it be possible for us PP member to let PP knows our expectation for the year 2006. We did usher in the new year "year 2006".

SO WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR, LETS GO FOR IT AND WE WILL LET PP KNOWS WANT MODIFICATION WE WANT.

Personally, i want a stop on flamming words and this mean active response from the moderators to impose the Forum Rules. As we all know, we dont have active participation from the Japanese considering that the Japanese have there unique way of project management. One factor i have in mind is that maybe the Japanese want to avoid losing face the moment someone will criticise their idea.

Also, i would like to see more participation from the Russian. So far only Vladimir is very active in PP forum.

Cheers,

Charlie
Chris Oggham
Hi Charlie,

I understand where you are coming from, I think; you want Planning Planet to be more membership driven, and that’s not a bad idea. However, because PP is run by volunteers and they have to earn a living (something we can all identify with) the amount of time they can devote to PP is limited. Imagine how much work they would have if every PP member gave them a "wish list" of modifications, they would be swamped with work, that’s the disadvantage. The advantage is that because these volunteers are members of PP themselves, they have a pretty good idea of expectations and requirements and can structure the modifications to take account of this.

I agree with you that flaming can be a problem, although sometimes a provocative statement or question can trigger a useful and productive discussion. You are quite right, though, in saying that moderators must ensure that the forum guidelines and rules are adhered to. To be fair, I think that the moderators do a pretty good job, sometimes even being seen as a little over-zealous.

I also agree with you that it would be good to see more participation by people from other countries and cultures. This would give an increased spectrum of viewpoints which could only benefit PP. I believe that as word about PP gets around this will happen, we just need to wait for a bit, although it would be great if it could happen sooner rather than later.

On the whole, I think Shahzad’s approach is the best for the moment. Let PP Admin tell us what modifications are to be made for 2006, and once we know that, we can make some suggestions of our own which will compliment an augment them and allow us to get the best out of PP.

Regards

Chris Oggham.
Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Charlie
One mans flaming is another mans thoughts
Foe example say I am Japanese would I consider your comments about Japanese project management derogatory?? or even flaming
I think I would as you have in a single statement rubbished what many would consider as an industry leader in many fields
Any thoughts
Clive