Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

5 replies [Last post]
Mark Lomas
User offline. Last seen 16 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I was reading this thread and recalling other threads on the same subject, would have suggested the guys do a search on "delay" or "disruption" within the forums.

Very useful as the forums get bigger.

James, can you script this ?

Replies

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Hi PPers,

Searching Forums - This link takes you to the Advanced Search script that allows us to search the whole forum, or for specific text within a specfied forum category.

This facilty is available from the Main Forum page (to search whole forum) or from each of the Forum Topic pages (to search within that specific forum). The advanced search page is also available from the hyperlink on the Main PP Index page that shows new posts since your last login.

If this is not what we need, can you explain how you feel we can improve things?

Thanks.
Bernard Ertl
Sometimes there are specific threads that I wish to reference in preparing a reply to a current thread. The older thread may either directly answer the current question, offer further resources for investigation or be the answer to the current question (ie. can anyone point me to a past discussion regarding xxxx?).

Search is a tremendous boon to those who need it. It does not impede or impair the user experience for those that do not.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
On the other hand; the older the post, the less likely it will be revelent. Who needs to know how to solve a problem that has been fixed months ago?
Bernard Ertl
Add my vote for adding a forum search feature. As the forums grow, it will become increasingly useful.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software