Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

When is OpenOffice going to develop or provide a project management tool similar too Microsoft Project?

2 replies [Last post]
brazil farnandis
User offline. Last seen 12 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

When is OpenOffice going to develop or provide a project management tool similar too Microsoft Project?
Or is that not a viable solution in the future?

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 18 hours ago. Offline

Heads Up PP.

I am starting to notice a trend here.

Brazil starts a topic and Simran comes right in with a big plug for Microsoft Project.

Three times is not coincidence - If one more pops up I shall block them all.

Best regards

Mike Testro

simran lobo
User offline. Last seen 12 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

There are a few open source project management software available in the market. But only a handful can cater to the vast functionalities that are expected from project management software. For this reason I suggest you to go for Microsoft's project management software. It has solutions for demand management, portfolio selection, resource allocation, financial management and task & team collaboration as well. The best part is that it can be integrated with other Microsoft products, including MS Office.