Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MAIN CONTRACTORS INSTRUCTION

3 replies [Last post]
Mervilyne Pangan...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 1 week ago. Offline
Hi Guys,

I need a piece of Advise. We work as a subcontractor. We are doing now the EOT request. Main Contractors QS asked us to submit cause & effect in Excel sheet. He keep on revising that and make it favorable on them. He said it will be their submission to client.Main Contractors QS said that our real submission (which shows too much delay on their side) will be internal only. I want to know if theres any effect on us? He asked me to make program that will show all the delays (he meant was entitlement program)but he is giving baseline target date. Is it ok to follow he’s instruction?Im afraid soon they will tell us that you agreed to us.

Regards,

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hi Mervilyne.

You need to do two submissions:

1. That which reflects your true sub-contract position.
2. The one your main Contractor is asking for.

You cannot do an EoT analysis on an excell sheet - you need a detailed critical path programme to impact events.

As a sub-contractor you will need to combine two alaysis methods:

1. As Built v As Planned to show the Main Contractors Delays to your sub-contract start dates.
2. Impacted as Planned for all other delays to your sub-contract work.

Good Luck

Mike Testro
Mervilyne Pangan...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 1 week ago. Offline
Dear Sir,

I always send it to my immediate superior, however, he keep on telling me to follow them. I’m afraid that soon everything will mess up and blame will be on me.

Thanking you,
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Mervilyne,

Assisting your General Contractor because they can’t prepare their claim is one thing, and sending them official letters with your claim for the EOT is another thing.

I recommend that all the communication that you send to the General Contractor be monitored by a senior in your team. Besides, they might charge this time to the General Contractor.

Your EOT should be reviewed by your seniors before submittal. It has to be submitted in accordance to the CoC.
Otherwise, you will find it difficult to prove unless you go to courts.

With kind regards,

Samer