Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Excessive Revised Construction Drawings

3 replies [Last post]
Raphael Adeyemi, ...
User offline. Last seen 9 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
I was involved in a contract of luxirious private development that was contracted on FIDIC 87 Edition which is meant for contract with substantia design before final contract formulation.

In the course of the project, there were several designs or drawing review, there was a particulatr that was reviewed 34times for a contract that supposed to finish within 9months.

Secondly, there was a huge provisional sums included in the contract which the Client Project manager erroneously treated as Prime Cost items...., the works related were issued through Engineers Instructions as Nominated Subcontract. The resulted to significant delay

Thirdly,in the course of project progression, there were other Consultants on board not mentioned in the Tender and Contract documents. This resulted in communication gap in getting necessary approvals and drawings review.

Fourthly, the PM was performing the roles of an Engineer, by all means according to FIDIC, he is not

The Project was substantia delay and EOT was submitted which the PM recieved and declined action for over 3months.

Could you guys advise me what to do

Cheers

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi Raphael

Your opening sentence starts "I was involved ..."

Are you no longer part of this project?

If not then any advice will be purely acedemic.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Roland Tannous
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear all,

I do see the main problem right here. Been there done that. I think the main problem is the PM/engineer not cooperating. If you feel he is not respecting the contractual agreement I advise you get to arbitration (if there is a related clause) and certainly seek help from a well qualified construction lawyer.
Good Day
Roland Tannous
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Raphael,

What is it that you are trying to accomplish and the other party is refusing your proposal.

If you are talking about an EOT then you need to have the proper notification as per FIDIC. The Engineer has to reply within 42 days and not 3 months.

Once you identify the problem, then we can assist you in solving it within the FIDIC clauses and conditions.

With kind regards,

Samer