Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Liquidated damages

2 replies [Last post]
Puthenpurayil sug...
User offline. Last seen 17 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi
In a lump sum Contact as per FIDIC clause 47.1,If the contractor has not completed the works as per clause 48,the employer should impliment this clause ( 47.1) without any furhter clarification from the contractor ?
If the Client is not doing so, as a consultant we can put a note in this regard to client ?
In condition of contract the duty of consultant in this regard is not clearly mentioned.
Please comment.

Replies

Puthenpurayil sug...
User offline. Last seen 17 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Andrews

thanks,as a concultant not as a Project manegemnt we have some limitations..!! If the employer ( the person in charge of that seat ) intentially not care about the "matter" how to be in Rule with FIDIC ?!!

Still all "these are happening "in Lumsump Contract

I will be with You by my qurris here and after ...;

Truly

sugathan
Andrew Flowerdew
User offline. Last seen 2 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Puthenpurayil,

If the contract requires the notice to be from the Employer then it has to come from the Employer to be valid, unless the Employer has notified the Contractor in some way that he has delegated this task to his consultant.

If he hasn’t, to find out your responsibility as a consultant you will have to look to your contract with the Employer, not the Main contract. I would guess you would at least need to advise the Employer as to the pro’s and con’s of not putting a notice in.