Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Copying summary tasks

2 replies [Last post]
munaf patel
User offline. Last seen 8 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Mike,

I have a schedule with a summary task with sub tasks which have been color coded .

If I copy this summary task to another schedule the color coding on the individual subtask bars disappears.

can you advice please

Also you did mention that when you had another website you collectedsome info. on cds ?

Can I have details please?

Munaf

Replies

munaf patel
User offline. Last seen 8 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Mike

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Munaf - welcome to Planning Planet

When copying tasks to another project you will have to copy the codes as well.

In version 10 & 11 when you copy tasks from one programme to another you are given the option to copy codes - resources and calendars as well.

If you missed it then I would suggest that make the copy again and pick up the other object that you want to copy.

Alternativel you can go into the first library and copy the codes and paste it into the new project - but then you will have to allocate them onto the copied tasks yourself.

I had a website called Planning Academy where you could download tutorials for use of Asta PowerProject - this was abandone about 3 years ago.

My current website is www.expertdelayanalysis.com but the only download is my Ebook - Principles of delay analysis.

In future of you want my direct advce it is best to send me a private message.

Best regards

Mike Testro