Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Asta Project Viewer

3 replies [Last post]
Tony McClennon
User offline. Last seen 24 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I've received a copy of a Powerproject schedule and have been trying to locate a download of the Asta Project Viewer, but every link I find cannot locate the download on the Asta website.

Have Asta withdrawn this software? If so, is there any way the data can be extracted to another format suitable for importing into a MS Project file (or just as a csv or xls format file) without having a copy of Asta poweproject?

Many thanks.

Replies

Adrian Vann
User offline. Last seen 10 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

The free project viewer is still available from Asta. The error message probably came by trying to use the old website link. If you visit the Powerproject Suite page on the new site http://www.astadev.com/products/asta-powerproject/asta-powerproject-software-solutions-suite/   there is an interactive diagram which enables you to click on all elements of the product suite for more information, one of which is Project Viewer and has a link to to the download page posted by Ben.

Tony McClennon
User offline. Last seen 24 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Ben,

Many thanks for the link - much appreciated.

Tony

Ben Jewell
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Tony,

It appears that Asta have rearranged their website somewhat but something hasn't been updated somewhere along the line (a search from Google took me to an error 404 page) but I have found the viewer on Asta's website here:

http://www.astadev.com/free-project-viewer/

Regards,

Ben