Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project Management Software Survey

6 replies [Last post]
Abdullah Bani Ali
User offline. Last seen 20 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Fellows:

I am a doctoral student of the Graduate School of Business and Public Management, Information and Decision Support Systems/Project Management, The George Washington University. I am requesting your participation in my Doctoral research study that is designed to test the role of Project Management Software in achieving project success (e.g., Microsoft Project, Primavera Project Planner-P3e, and Artemis Project Management). Your participation is completely voluntary and The George Washington University will keep your responses completely confidential. No individual responses will be released within your organization or used for purposes other than for this research study. Each completed survey will be coded for future reference.

Purpose: To better understand the current trend in using project management software packages, their impact on performance, the degree of fit between their functions and tasks characteristics, and the relationship between computer self-efficacy and use of this type of software.

The Methodology: I have designated a tested and a short on-line survey. You have been selected among limited and professionals to participate in this scholarly research. Your reply, therefore, will weigh considerably toward the studys results and findings.

The Promise of the Study: The results of this study will be of particular interest to the project management professionals like yourself who seek to use information technology to support their performance and enhance their productivity. The study will help professionals to evaluate the impact of PM software on project success, assess the type of software that provides a higher fit between work requirements and systems features, and demonstrate the role of users skills and organizational support on the acceptance of this key software.

Completing the Survey: For your convenience, I have established an active web site with exciting features for you to complete the survey. Please go to:

http://home.gwu.edu/~abaniali/pmsurvey/homepage.htm

to view the survey and participate in the study.
If you prefer receiving a FAX or paper copy of the survey, please call me at (703-625-8630) or send me an email at (abaniali@gwu.edu).

Thank you for responding by September 30th . If you are interested in the results of the study, please let me know and I will send you a summary report when the study is completed.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely

Abdullah Bani Ali, Doctoral Candidate
Management Science Department
School of Business and Public Management
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052. (202) 994-7375. Fax (202)994-4930

[moderator edit]I hyperlinked the URL listed above.[/moderator edit]

Replies

Morteza Jafari
User offline. Last seen 12 years 1 week ago. Offline
Dear Mr Bani
Just now I read your post note, apperaicte if you send me your files, my email is jafari@sp68.com
Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Ali ,
I think system VSI ( Virtual sokect interface ) is the best solution for survay and elevauation software PM.

Regards
Soheil Jafari
User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
Do not forget me!
s.jafari@iranpm.com
Abdullah Bani Ali
User offline. Last seen 20 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
I will be glad to send a copy from the result summary to any one who participates in the study. Thanks

Baniali
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
You may be interested in participating in the Planning Planet Software Survey.

Please post your summary at the conclusion of your survey here for all to benefit.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software

P.S. I deleted all of your duplicate posts in the other forums. Please do not spam the forums. Post just once in the most appropriate forum. Thank you.
Mark Lomas
User offline. Last seen 16 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
I would go further than Bernard did, to state that if you are using PP to solicit respondents to your survey, you must undertake to publish your results. If you can, fantastic. If you cannot do so, then please explain why.

Please let us know.

Mark