Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Risk

3 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 17 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None
Do you have an idea how to transfrer continous probabilities to discrete ones,for example,if i have a continous triangualry dist. (low,most,high) how to transfer it to probabilities to build a desicon tree.
AA

Replies

osama yassin
User offline. Last seen 19 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
[please do not post the same message in multiple threads. Thank you.]
Tomasz Wiatr
User offline. Last seen 2 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Forum Guest
Palisade is best direction (of course) beceause this firm produces system DecisionTree (I hear about it :-) but other inetersting link is Decisioneering, i.e. producer of Crytall Ball -> because on the page www.decisioneering.com exists pdf document "trees_vs_mcs.pdf". It is probably interesting here. Other direction is old, Chinesee (?) system QSB (not ancient Chinese of course :-)) with dec.tree capabilities (with PERT/MCS and CPM modules too). it is good for basic research (free soft with books).
Good Luck from Poland
Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
It should be available a range of tools that allow you to assign continuous distribution in Your node in a tree for decision making.
I can remember I saw something in palisade web site (www.palisade.com), they offer some packages using excel as engine.
But also other companies offer similar packages in different platform. You can find them running a web serch with yahoo.