Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Handling multiple projects

2 replies [Last post]
Num Lock
User offline. Last seen 11 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Hi, good day to you all. I'm currently handling 3 projects as a Planning Engineer. Is this ok? One of the projects I handle has only 1 program comprising of around 500 activities each but the other 2 has many small sub-programs which has typical templates, one has 20 programs and counting the other has 7 programs and counting. 

Is it ethical to refuse another Project that will comprise of 500 activities? I don't want to handle more projects other than the 3 I started. How many project are you guys handling at the same time? What do you advise to me? 

Thank you.

Replies

Syed Najaf
User offline. Last seen 6 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Num,

I would second teh opinion of Mike. You may be extra skillfull to handle more tahn 3 projects. If you have risk of making mistakes and not able to meet the commitments then you may ( or better you should) refuse taking more projects.

Regards,

Najaf

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Num

The only time you should refuse to take on work is if you are so overloaded and under such pressure that you are liable to make mistakes.

Otherwise knuckle down and get on with it.

Best regards

Mike Testro