Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Career opportunity

5 replies [Last post]
D Artagnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
I am currently working in Doha, Qatar as planning engineer but in a precast factory. Mainly, my tasks are planning for production and deliveries of panels to construction sites. The thing is, we are not using primavera or ms project for planning instead they have this software, oracle based, which I have nothing against with because it serves the main purpose. I even learned database programming from it. I have been working as such for close to years already and I want to have a career in mainstream planning. I would like to work in Dubai and I am willing to undertake a job as junior planning engineer and be trained as such. I am 28 years old now, i have 3 years experience of project management of water pipelaying in the Philippines under consultancy and 2 years in precast production planning.

Hope someone can help me..Thanks guys and more power to planning community!

Replies

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Yes the PMI have a new certification called PSP (Project Scheduling Professional), check it out at their site www.pmi.org I think that you can take the exam.

Good luck,

Samer
D Artagnan
if i get an opportunity to an oil and gas company then it’s better but building construction and consultancy are fine by me. Lusail, I heard but our company doesn’t give a release or NOC so my best option is dubai or abu dhabi. I am now studying P6 so that when I get a break as planning engineer i’d have some foundation, however, I know P3 and MS Project.

Should I take PMI certification? where can I take it?

Thanks for your reply.
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
what do you prefer? buildings or oil and gas? or just a job to go on? i believe there were lots of projects in lusail (for buildings), and try qp for oil and gas (if you really think that you got the potential).
D Artagnan
i know P3 and i was using it while i was working back in my country. The thing is when i moved here in Qatar, our company was not using primavera softwares because they have their own which is oracle based. I am now looking for a company that would hire me as junior planning engineer because i know for sure that i have a potential to be a good one. I just need a break...

sigh...
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Adriane,

First of all, you need to learn the basic of Primavera Software whether P3 or P3e. As we know, one of the requirements for Junior or Senior Planner at least you have knowledge in primavera software as a tool for scheduling & planning.

You have already experience in Planning, However you must also have experience in Site exposure for the purpose of methods, procedure, sequential activities & so on depending on your nature of work.

Arnold