Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project scheduling courses & PMI -Scheduling Profession

2 replies [Last post]
Norul Faezah Nohi
User offline. Last seen 15 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
Questions:

1. Anyone knows if we undertake certified in PMI-scheduling prefessional is beneficial or not to planning & scheduling career (such as planning engineer/ planner)? How useful are this accreditation to work?

2.Please advise whether there are any training course on PROJECT SCHEDULING courses that is available ONLINE before we take certified in PMI-scheduling prefessional?

I expect someones whose experienced in this profession/ OR those PMP professionals will be able to answer my questions.

Apprieciate for your responses.

Thanks,
Norul

Replies

Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Norul,

Samer is absolutely right certification or other qualification is important as your career progresses. PMI certification is one way forward but you could also consider certification from IPMA as well. If you use the link to the IPMA Certification you may find something of use to you.

Chris Oggham
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Norul,

These are very good questions and I am surprised that no one answered you until now.

1. Getting professional certification is very important to you when you pass the 7 years experience limit. I read this study online. Companies look for professionals who are certified as well as have the experience. Getting certified by PMI has benefited numerous people.

2. Online course are available from advertisers on the PMI website. check www.pmi.org

If you need more detail information, please let me know.

Good luck,

Samer