Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PMP for a Plannig Engineer

3 replies [Last post]
rabbani wgl
User offline. Last seen 16 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Friends,

Currently I am working as a Sr. Project Contros Engineer for a PM company. And I am intending appear for PMP exam. What benifit I can expect out of it.... I meam financially in UAE’s job market. And what will be my next appropriate position in the career that I can opt for....

eaxpert advises please....

Regards,
Rabbani

Replies

Zanudin Ahmad
User offline. Last seen 7 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Dear all, in PMI we all can get certified with PMI Scheduling Professional.

For info go to
http://www.pmi.org/CareerDevelopment/Pages/Our-Credentials.aspx
and for the handbook on how to get it
http://www.pmi.org/PDF/PMI-SP_Handbook.pdf

wanna try?
rabbani wgl
User offline. Last seen 16 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Raviraj,

Thanks for your feedback.

It’s really an annoying moment to get such a discouraging reply from management saying that’s only a certification to prove your ability. Disgusting.

Unfortunately we, most of the planning Engineers... are selling mirrors in a city of blinds....

Regards,
Rabbani
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Hi rabbani,

U know very well that job in UAE market is like dynamic fluid and its volatile too.

It depends on ur seniors viewpoint and how literate they are and openings available within ur organization. Most of the western companies will definitely appreciate ur PMP certification and will definitely pay u more. I found normally, a rise of 50-70% of salary in UAE (Dubai).

LOt depends on company u r working in. When one of my friend has asked for salary rise (He is working on world’s tallest tower), his PM said "its just a certification course proving ur abilities and thats it". His PM has cleared PMP 15 years before. bhurr!!!

Few hav become assistant project manager in a client company, wherein they are building world’s larget township project.

Cheers,

Raviraj, PMP