Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planner career in Oil & Gas

6 replies [Last post]
Goutam Bora
User offline. Last seen 16 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

Can anyone tell me about career of Planner in Oil & Gas. How is the market for Oil & Gas at the moment. What shall be future prospect for Oil & Gas? What is market rate for Planner in Oil & gas

Replies

Dev Tamboli
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
hi guys,

But as i saw in mos tof the ads they ask for experience in oil and gas.
if any one want to switch to it how can he do?
i think to go to oil and gas you have to start your carrier in it only.
because previously i tried to apply for oil and gas jobs but no success because they need only guys with oil and gas experience.

what others think?
Kevin Matthews
User offline. Last seen 14 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
G’day all,

In WA it’s all about resources at the moment. You need to be in mining or Oil and Gas to get the big hourly rates. I have spent over 15 years in Oil and Gas and very rarely see higher rates in other industries.

Keep Planning...

Kevin.
ashraf alawady
User offline. Last seen 9 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
rates for roads & infrastructure planner is the highest rate of a planner in UAE and may be equal rate for Oil and Gas planner rate.
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Oil and Gas rates for planners are always high as compared to Civil and others construction industries
ashraf alawady
User offline. Last seen 9 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
approximitly the same in UAE.
Kevin Matthews
User offline. Last seen 14 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
G’day,

Planners in Perth, WA are in short supply and highly prized. $100 plus an hour but you’ll need experience and an Australian work visa.

Regards,

Kevin.