Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

what to do !!!!!

5 replies [Last post]
malek bennabi
User offline. Last seen 17 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
dear planner

actually i am working for a state owned company, it is a secure job, even our CEO has made a promise to make our position permanent, but as you can imagine it is a very boring, easy monotone work, and we are relatively well paid.
recently i got an offer from a foreign company to work as a junior planner, it is a very exciting project( just to get an idea, they use satellite image to monitor progress, ok something like that), but unfortunately the project is scheduled to finish after three years.
so i am really scared, i am afraid to jump the boat, it is a great risk, in my country it is very hard to find a permanent job,
so do you think it deserve the risk !!!!

friendly malek

Replies

malek bennabi
my first interview with a foreign company turned to be a true fiasco, actually they wanted a contract engineer to manage small contracts with the local subcontractor, ( although in my CV i made it clear, i want to work as entry level planner:) anyway for a salary of 550 $ per month you have to work 6 days by week, and in case of necessity you have to work in Friday ( i suppose you know it is a blaspheme to work this day in our religion:)
the funny thing is the hotel, the RH guy( he is a local) show me a very cheap hotel, and he pretended he searched hard to find this wonderful place because it is clean ( ie, no bitc... to disturb us in the night, at least they care about our sexual sanity )
but do you know what i don’t blame the company, they are here to gain money after all, i blame my country when they give such a huge contracts for them, and keep talking about technology transfer and all those bullshit.
after all, it was an interesting experience, my only regret they hired such a sweet female architect.
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
i’m not smart and also don’t know what to do, but if i were you I would ask myself - what do i really want?! am i happy with what i got for now? is there anything more that i think i’m capable of doing? am i doing good? " there’s no such thing as certainty"!!! so go and let the wind blow you!
malek bennabi
thanks really for your feedback.

that’s exactly what i wanted to hear, but what to expect from smart people in this situation, hope, progress, take risk, have more skills.
i hope I’ll get enough courage.

friendly malek
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
There is no doubt that it is very difficult to leave a Permanent Job in such a situation but for better future you should take risk to get the Exciting Job. May be further you get more and better opportunities after that job.
Karim Mounir
User offline. Last seen 9 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
No pain no gain, if you won’t take the risk in your life then you’ll be in your place for a loooooong time without progressing at all.

I’m having a similar position like you but I’m not with a government company it’s a private one, but this is not limiting me to look for the best.

Regards.