Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 R8.1

4 replies [Last post]
Kieran Cantwell
User offline. Last seen 5 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

My first post so be kind.

I am having an issue when running a weekly resource export report into excel, while the report is exporting ok the "activity name" cell is being split up creating a new cell which pushes all other cells to ther right thereby misaligning the columns in the spread sheet.

I do not think it is the lenght of the activity name as some cells are being spilt are not as long as other which remain intact.

Any ideas please drop us a note

Cheers

Kieran

(P6 R8.1)

Replies

Chris Gibbons
User offline. Last seen 34 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

If your text is splitting where there is a comma in the text, change the Text Qualifier option from ' to ". This solved the problem for me

Chris Gibbons
User offline. Last seen 34 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

If your text is splitting where there is a comma in the text, change the Text Qualifier option from ' to ". This solved the problem for me

Alex Alex
User offline. Last seen 6 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

A Sofi, Thanks for that useful tip.

Kaide Johar Manasi
User offline. Last seen 11 years 41 weeks ago. Offline

Kieran, As Alex has rightly pointed out check any delimiter in your activity name. Since the export file is CSV format ie., Comma Separated Values, any comma in the Activity name will shift the values to the right cells.

Anning Sofi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
When you choose your fields in the report, place the activity name at the last column. After report export, move the activity name to its column location according to your report format.
Alex Alex
User offline. Last seen 6 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

Check your activity names. Does it have any apostrophe or quotes or some similar character that is same as the delimiter set in your report format?  We do most of our exports with just activity ID without activity names.