Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Level Of Effort - Resource Assignments

1 reply [Last post]
Jonathan Vardy
User offline. Last seen 13 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

I have a LOE activity (named project management) that spans the length of a 3 year project, it has around 12 project based resources assigned to it. Currently I manually enter in there annual leave by zeroing out the hours in the resource assignment view, however when the project is scheduled it alters the assignments and I have to go back in and re-enter the data. Is there something I’m doing wrong / a way around this?

Currently running P6 v7

Regards,

Jonathan

Replies

Muhammad Zeeshan ...
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 21 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Jonathan

I am sorry but I dont Understand what actually you are doing ...

Manually Enter in there annual leave ....if you use Resource Calendar it will sort out the holidays

if you enter manually it will rechange to normal when project runs

So better send some screen short so we get the idea what are you aiming for

With Kind Regards

M Khan PMP

http://www.pmpcurry.blogspot.com