Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Getting the hours out of P6

2 replies [Last post]
Martyn Coates
User offline. Last seen 5 years 40 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

This is simple stuff but I seem to have fogotten and cant find anything in the forum  giving exactly the info I need.

I'm pretty new to P6 resources and have a loaded schedule per discipline and I want to take the hours out to produce an S curve.

I want to take hours out by resource over time with actual then budgeted.

The info looks like what you get when you view the resource usage spreadsheet. I used to just copy and paste that into excel from P5 but P6 wont let me do it.

I cant seem to get a report to get the info out in the same way.

Help

Replies

Martyn Coates
User offline. Last seen 5 years 40 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks AP PM but this doesnt work.

I cant seem to copy and then paste into excel. If I go to edit, the copy / paste is unavailable to select.

I have always done this without the messing about with running reports. I have 6.0 and aware of some glitches - is this one of them?

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 24 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Martyn,

Go to Resource Assignment Window, group the activities according to your requirements and at the right pane, show the actual & budgeted units. When done, Edit --> Select All, right click copy & paste it to Excel.

Regards.