Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera 6 help please!

5 replies [Last post]
Mohammed Hamed Ahmed
User offline. Last seen 13 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello all, Iam new to this forum and need a little help here as I'm a basic Primavera user.

I have created the WBS & the Activities successfully and I finished the predecessors, so the last remain step is to finalize the resources. I added the required resources to the resources list which include materials & labors, now I want to make the price/unit for each labor is per day not per hour as it's appear by default price/hr, how can I manage to do so?

Another thing, when adding resources to activities, I need to add more than 1 labor for each activity, for example 2 or 3 workers for each activitiy.........I got to acitivites then I clicked add resource from the bottom, the list of resources I added lately appeared, I go to with my mouse on each  activitiy then I double click on the reource type I need to assign with the acitivity, but how could I manage to add 2 or 3 or 4? it's not logic to double clikc for three times on each labor to assgin 3 workers in each activitiy. Please advise.

Thank you.

Replies

Gobinath Narayana...
User offline. Last seen 9 years 24 weeks ago. Offline

HI Friends

How to copy a WBS from one EPS project to another EPS project.

and i want know that possible to view all project(whatever in the database) in WBS layout mode.

Mohammed Hamed Ahmed

Dear Mr.Haresh,

Thanks for your answer. I tried what you stated above, but this didn't success....price rate is still per day!!, what have changed is the duration only!, I'm working on this project per hr not per day so all acitivity duration have setted per hr, can I make the price per day whicle the activities are per hr?.....But even if the activities and prices should be at the same rate (per day), I tried to change all from edit user preferences and time formats to all per day, but this changed all the duration of the activities and didn't affect the prices.

Please I need more help here, I need to finish the planning on time.

Regards.

Mohammed Hamed Ahmed

Dear sanad,

It's a maintenance project, labors rate is per day, and I have 10 working days not 8 so I changed already this at the calendar, thanks anyway.

sanad ahmed
User offline. Last seen 9 years 41 weeks ago. Offline

Mohamed, what if your labor will work overtime? or you will have double shifts work period? do you believe in updating the actual labor work spent by day will be good?. I advice to keep using the price/h to reflect the actual in good practice. it is very easy to divide the daily rate by 8 to prevent harm the schedule.

Best regards,

Sanad A Ragaee, PMP 

Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 22 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Mr. Hamed Ahmed,

1) Go to Edit - User Preferences , Click on Time units , change Units of time from Hour to Day. Then if u change now all ur price/unit will be represented in day not in hour.

2) U can use Cntrl tab to select upon which activity to assign resources, then go to Command bar button , which at the right hand side of the screen. Then click on resources tab. You can assign multiple resources just by double clicking on the resources.

regards,

Haresh Jayanth